Western Hills United Methodist Church is located in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural community. We are committed to sharing the good news of Jesus and creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. We are passionate about serving our community and positively impacting the lives of those around us. If you are looking for a community where you can grow in your faith and serve your neighbors, we invite you to consider joining our team.
Below you will find our current ministry opening. If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Nursery Attendant
Purpose: To provide a safe, healthy, clean, and loving environment for children in a church setting and educate children about God’s love.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and loving environment for children in the nursery
- Educate children about God’s love
- Interact with children through music, playtime, reading, or video biblical messages
- Complete incident forms when necessary and notify the supervisor of incidents
- Clean and disinfect toys and surfaces after each event
- Sign in children on the sign-in sheet and ensure all necessary information is obtained
- Label children’s belongings and ensure they have appropriate supplies
- Maintain a clean and wholesome appearance and attitude
- Be available for Sunday services, Tuesday and Thursday mornings (ESL), and other church events
- Abide by all Ministry Safe Policy
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude towards children and parents
- Maintain the confidentiality of information
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to changes in the schedule or responsibilities
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Job Type: Part-Time Professional
Overview: The Children’s Ministry Director will plan and execute programming for the children’s ministry. The successful candidate will provide spiritual care for preschool and elementary-age children, as well as their families. The director will reach out to the community and promote ministry opportunities available.
- Develop and implement creative programming to engage children in a growing relationship in their faith.
- Provide spiritual care for preschool and elementary-age children and their families.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to support the children’s ministry.
- Build connections with current, visiting, and new families.
- Develop guest follow-up processes and systems that introduce and begin conversations of faith that help decipher where families are on their faith journey, as well as possible next steps they may take together and individually.
- Set aside time in the weekly/monthly schedule to build deeper relationships with parents and kids by meeting for coffee, attending a game or sending a card of encouragement.
- Oversee the selection of appropriate curriculum, ensuring that it aligns with the church’s mission and vision.
- Plan and execute leadership of small and large group events designed to be engaging, welcoming, and appropriate for kids and families.
- Establish and continue building relationships with local schools.
- Involve children in worship services.
- Post weekly to social media to promote the children’s ministry.
- Hold Office Hours during the week to plan events and strategize ways to grow the ministry.
- Communicate with the pastor and staff about weekly children’s events and update the calendar.
- Initiate a follow-up program for those who become inactive in the children’s ministry.
- Reach out to neighboring churches to learn and gain insights into their children’s ministry.
- Attend quarterly Ministry Safe meetings.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Possess excellent people, management, and communication skills.
- Be well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Adhere to the Ministry Safe Policy.
- Have experience working with children in a ministry setting.